She already has over 100K hits with her single ‘No Need’ but who is RIKA? We have a fun chatty interview with the burgeoning 17 year old, Singer/Songwriter to find out.
1.Who is Singer RIKA? (three words only)
I like 🍕 Pizza
2.Your music has been described as POP with a touch of Dancey R&B goodness – would you agree with this?
Yes! That’s the exact vibe I was aiming for! It’s a really pop-y song with Hip Hop/R&B hi-hats so everyone can enjoy it!
3. You have had over 60k hits with ‘No Need’, is there another artist who you have ever streamed this much?
Definitely Bruno Mars! His voice is to die for! I love how much passion he puts into his songs, and how involved he is with his music and sound, a true artist! His new album is everything, but my personal fave album of his is Unorthodox Jukebox.
4.Who are you listening to right now?
I’m really bopping to this new boy band PRETTYMUCH right now! They’re so young and new sounding and so well produced! Plus they’re really cute too haha.
5. If you could work with any Singer/Producer or band in the industry currently who would it be and why?
I would die to work with Justin Bieber! His voice is so clear sounding and I think our voices would blend really well together. I would also love to work with MNEK one day. He is a full package – a singer/songwriter who produces outstanding bops, how rare!
6. Pick two Celebrities to be your parents – Who?
I would love to have Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds as my celeb parents, they are such loving and carefree people and the household would never have a dull moment!
7. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
The Notebook! I cry every time I watch it. It’s so passionate and is the best romantic film of all time! Ever!
8. If Hollywood made a movie about your life who would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Probably Natalie Portman. She’s so stunning and intelligent and would probably portray me really well because I feel we are alike.
9. If you could trade places with another person for a week- famous or non famous/living or dead / real or fictional who would it be?
Rihanna for sure! Just to wake up knowing I have my own makeup, clothes and music out there is probably the best feeling in the world. Plus I could finally know her skin routine, she is always glowing!
10. NY or London?
I love my hometown London so much but it’s been a dream of mine to see NY!
11. What gigs /events do you have lined up next year?
I’m performing for the finale of Miss Serbia in October this year which will be broadcast all over the Balkans. I will also playing in a couple of festivals once the festival season starts again
12. what’s the most bizarre Youtube/Facebook/ Instagram /Twitter message you have received from a fan so far?
This one time a fan had done a reaction video to my music video, which I found really bizarre and sweet because I always watch reaction videos of other peoples stuff.
13. Finally: before we go – tell us about the new single New single “No Need”.
14. Where can we find you
All my socials are @rikaldn across Instagram, Twitter, Soundcloud, Youtube and Facebook!
Thank you RIKA!
RIKA is one to watch, and someone your going to hear a lot more about in 2018!