Having been ensconced in the studio working on his debut album due in 2019, emerging Texan electronic producer Prismo (Zach Burgett) is pleased to announce details of a brand new club banger ‘Energy’.
In recent time his eclectic sound and resonating top line vocals have captivated hearts across the globe. Most notably his releases with YouTube juggernaut No Copyright Sounds and his self-released covers of “Heathens”, “Too Close” and “Careless Whisper”; among the rest of his catalogue have combined for over 100 million streams across all platforms. We chat to Prismo One on One.
1. Describe your sound to us in three words only
passionate alternative electronic
2. How does it feel to have over 100 million streams across all platforms?
It’s an insane feeling. I didn’t ever imagine that I’d get this many streams without the support of any major labels or artists. I couldn’t be more thankful to everyone that’s helped me along the way!
3. Everyone has their one favourite genre of music- what’s yours and why?
metal. I love heavy guitar riffs and huge drums. The dark themes and dynamics are a huge inspiration to my music production!
4. How would you describe your UK fanbase?
Extremely loyal! It seems like no matter what song I release, the fans in the UK are always listening.
5. Who would we find on your Spotify-Who are you currently listening to?
LOTS of drum and bass. Noisia, Chase & Status, Ivy Lab, Phace, Mefjus — just to name a few. I’ve also been listening to Jauz’s new album.
6. Who do you take inspiration from when making music?
It’s hard to narrow it down because I draw inspiration from so many different types of music and expereinces. Skrillex, Nosia, Porter Robinson, and Nine Inch Nails, are a couple of my recent inspirations.
7. could you give three words to describe your Style?
clean, athletic, urban
8. Who would you say was your style inspiration? Do you have one?