Singer Ashleigh Bankx on music inspirations Beyoncé and Nina Simone
Ashleigh Bankx is a Zimbabwean Born, Luton – raised eclectic artist who draws her creativity from Soul/R&B, Hip – Hop, Pop, Dancehall and AfroBeats.
She has continuously received support from Trace and MTV (Africa), who promote her creative work to her growing fans in Africa. We grabbed Ashleigh Bankx for a quick 1 on 1.
1. Who is Ashleigh Bankx in Three Words only? Singer Songwriter Performer
2. What top 5 tracks would we find on your Spotify or iTunes playlist? Amy Winehouse – Back to Black
Rihanna – Needed me
Beyonce – Flawless
Etta james – make love to you
Nina simone – Feeling Good
3. We love your track ‘Right Move’ tell us a bit about that track? The song was written after experiencing a change in my relationship … I was angry, hurt and creatively charged. I wanted everything to come out raw and unfiltered but because of the person I am , I love gaining wisdom from anything I experience so I implemented that into the song. Hopefully my listeners are able to pick up on the nuggets and make the “rightmove” 😉 if they ever experience a similar situation.
4. Who are your musical inspirations? Amy winehouse, Beyonce , Rihanna , Etta james and Nina Simone
5. You were chosen by celebrity judge Stefflondon as one of the winners of a creative fund competition – how does that feel?
It felt amazing to know that someone as talented as her saw my talent and embraced it.
6. What embarrassing songs might we find on your Spotify? I only listen to great music from the greats and none of them have created anything embarrassing that I am aware of lol