If you are anything like me, you’ve probably been browsing through all your streaming services looking for good films or series to get you through lockdown. All out of ideas? Fret no more, here are our top 5 shows to watch online, recommended by our editors to get you through lockdown this April.
1. Parasite (2019) – The Academy Award winning best picture film 2020is now available on Hulu. This dark comedy is a social satire of the lives surrounding a ridiculously rich family, juxtaposed by an utterly poor family in South Korea.
2. Love Wedding Repeat is a new Netflix film. Olivia Munn and Freida Pinto star in this unpredictable romantic comedy about love and the power of chance.
3. Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness – Need I say more. This docuseries has to be Netflix’s most trending series of the year thus far. Tiger King has ignited thousands of memes across social media regarding its eccentric ensemble cast, bonkers storylines, and has sparked the most important pop-cultured question of the year: Did she or didn’t she do it?
4. Terrace House – According to critics, this 1984 Orwellian inspired reality tv show series on Netflix is a sleeper hit. With lockdown extended until further notice, looks like we have a long while to warm up to it.
5. Abstract: The Art of Design – Want to be inspired? or just curious to see what makes the greatest designers and creatives of our generation tick? Abstract is a Netflix docuseries which gives insight into the creative process of the most creative minds and brands. From Instagram and Nike, to Graphic Design and Architecture.
Have you seen any of these shows? Do you have any recommendations? Share your thoughts in the comments below. Happy watching and stay safe!