Forward thinking, streetwear brand, ‘Fuud’ give us the fashion ins-and outs in this quick fire round Q &A :
1) How would you describe your brand in 3 words only?
Forward thinking design
2) Where do you get your design inspiration?
Fuudlondon is inspired by op-art and architectural artists such as Bridget Riley, Ian Monroe, Sarah Morris and colour theorist Josef Albers. My time spent in Tokyo, the colours and architecture there. The brand has also has strong 80’s 90’s retro influences from designers like Moschino and Dolce&Gabbana in that period.
Fuudcustom is more experimental with references to Historical battle clothing such as roman gladiators and tribal warriors.
3) What one piece of advice would you give to someone wanting to start a career in fashion?
be prepared for very long hours in the studio and find your niche in the industry. When you’re starting out its important also to have a good support network around you because friends and family are often your first customers.
4) What is the best perk in being a designer?
working for myself, being able to make a whole new wardrobe when ever i want !
5) What trends do you see being big for 2015?
sports luxe is still on the up and the use of new materials like PVC. Faux fur is also set to be a massive trend
6) What do you wish people would understand about working in the fashion industry
that behind scenes its not glamourous by any stretch of the imagination and its a very fickle industry