Nevada is a 29-year-old Stockholm-based American artist, DJ, producer, and songwriter. Having spent his formative years perfecting his skills in Nashville, Tennessee, he became influenced by the House and Hip Hop/Trap scenes and developed a passion for electronic music. He’s produced a ton of artists, contributing to achieving RIAA Gold status and Grammy award-winning albums.
Following the success of ‘The Mack’ and his official remixes of several high-profile artists, such as Liam Payne, Charli XCX, and Benjamin Ingrosso, Nevada has become an exciting artist to watch-Its time to meet this EPIC DJ!
1. Describe your sound in 3 words…
Dance, Organic, Electronic
3. You’ve worked on remixes with industry heavyweights such as Liam Payne and Charlie XCX. How does creating a remix for a big name artist differ from creating your own music?
When I create my own music I have to build it from the ground up. Melodies, Lyrics, Music, etc. It’s probably the most fun and inspiring to take an existing song and flip it into something people wouldn’t expect. And when you get the chance to remix for say a Liam Payne or Charli XCX you know what the label is giving you is going to be top-notch straight out of the gate.
4. You are currently living in Sweden. How has your quarantine experience been there? How have you continued to stay inspired?
Sweden has taken a different approach to quarantine as most people know. So in my case, it hasn’t been too different. But I spend most of my time in the studio alone finishing tracks at the moment anyway!
5. When touring begins again, what is the first place you want to travel and why?
That’s an awesome question because I’ve actually thought about that a lot. I think playing a round of festivals in Australia would be amazing. I’ve always wanted to go there.
6. Who is your biggest musical influence & why?
I grew up listening to a lot of rock music. I played and sang in bands all through and after high school. I’m really into Incubus, Radio Head, Red Hot Chili Peppers. As far as DJs go; Calvin Harris, Kaytranada, Alesso.
7. Besides music, what are you passionate about?
I love my family. My wife and my dog are everything to me. We have a baby on the way actually, so things are gonna get fun here soon!
Connect with Distract! Watch us on Youtube, like us on Facebook & follow us on Twitter and Instagram.