Singer Talia Mar chats dream collaboration ‘Taylor Swift’ and hitting 1.5 million streams
We meet singer Talia Mar. Having made a name for herself through Youtube around 6 years ago, her social stats remain phenomenal with 1.3 followers on Instagram, a million on TikTok and over a million followers on Youtube. Her fans have nicknamed themselves Martians (the true sign of a loyal fanbase!).
She’s also no stranger to a hit as she was the guest vocalist on ‘Stay The Night’ ft Sigala, ‘Sweet Lies’ with Nathan Dawes and Good On You with Alex Hobson. Talia released her debut single ‘Self Portrait’ earlier in the year. It’s since gone on to have over 1.5million streams, a million video views, and received support from the likes of R1’s ‘Future Pop’, Kiss, Bauer. We grabbed her for a 1 on 1 chat.
1. Who is Talia Mar in Three Words only? Over the top!
2. What top 5 tracks would we find on your Spotify or iTunes playlist? It’s so hard to pick only 5! But I’d have to say Cruel summer, no scrubs, Oscar winning tears, fly girl and nonsense.
3. We love your track ‘Self Portrait’ tell us a bit about that track? I just really wanted a song that captured that energy you feel when you’re finally getting past that point of feeling low about yourself and you begin to realise what you actually bring to the table! Everybody needs a song that makes them feel like their best self and I really tried to do that with this track.
4. Your debut has gone on to have over 1.5 million streams with huge support from Radio 1’s Future Pop- how does that feel? It feels insane. I was so grateful for the support on self-portrait and having such a great start was a little bit overwhelming to be honest but super exciting all at the same time!
5.Who are your musical inspirations? Taylor swift’s songwriting inspires me massively and then I’d say timbaland and old school rnb (brandy, destiny’s child etc) are really the inspiration behind the sounds that I love.
6. What embarrassing songs might we find on your Spotify? I genuinely don’t believe in songs being embarrassing! You love what you love and I think that should be celebrated!
7. Your sound we feel is very R&B-pop, is there a genre of music that you would collectively stay away from? I always say never say never, however I think it’s probably safe to say you won’t hear me on a heavy metal record any time soon!
8.Who would be your dream collaboration? Taylor Swift for sure!
9.What hidden talent(s) do you have? Not sure it’s hidden anymore but I do a pretty good Siri impression!
10. Describe your style to us? I love everything to be honest! I love a super over the top colourful mis-match just as much as a sleek professional look! I think the key is always having different textures and then I’m happy
11. Tell us about Forget About Your Ex I love this song so much, aside from creating it with some of my favourite people, I really feel like this song captures my personality perfectly. It’s fun and flirty all wrapped up into a pop song.
12. Finally – what have you got lined up for 2024? You’ll definitely see a lot more music from me and shows! I cannot wait to really get back into performing next year.