Alessandro Pierozzi are an Italian Music Producer/DJ currently based in Chile. His project is a musical collage of various influences over the years, blending organic and electronic sounds within the analog and virtual realms of music.
Chris Berner is a one-of-a-kind artist driven by his intrinsic motivation to explore the unknown. The American/Chilean artist is currently based in Jacksonville, FL.
Both producers have been collaborating for some time, focusing on Melodic and Progressive House tracks. We grabbed the guys together for a quick chat.
1. To kick things off who are Alessandro Pierozzi & Chris Berner in Three Words only?
Adventurous, Diligent, and Dedicated.
2. What top 5 tracks would we find on your Spotify or iTunes playlist?
- RÜFÜS DU SOL – Innerbloom
- Monolink – Return to Oz (ARTBAT Remix)
- CamelPhat, Jem Cooke, Cristoph – Breathe
- Solomon Grey – Miradors (Lane 8 Remix)
- Hot Since 82, Jem Cooke – Buggin’
3. We love your track ‘One’ tell us a bit about that track?
Inspired by the Melodic House & Techno genre, the goal was to create a song that could take the listener on a journey of introspection. The instrumental came together smoothly through diligent sound design, creative mixing, addictive arrangement, and catchy melodies. The result aligned with the initial objective; the music was mysterious, energetic, and inspiring. A key element was missing for the song to be finished; it needed a singer. We reached out to Sam Welch through a common friend, and Sam put together a top line that was a perfect match for the track; a strong vocal that guides the listener throughout the song. We decided to name it “One”, inspired by the journey of self-discovery.
4. Who are your musical inspirations?
- RÜFÜS DU SOL
- Chrome Sparks
5. What embarrassing songs might we find on your Spotify?
- Cher – Believe
- The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber – STAY
6. Where would you most like to perform?
7. If you weren’t DJ’ing, what would you be doing?
- Alessandro would be a Chef
- Chris would be a Photographer.
8. If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?
- Alessandro: Salsa
- Chris: Progressive Rock
9. What genre of music can’t you stand to listen to?
10. What hidden talents do you have?
- Alessandro: Cooking
- Chris: Drumming
11. Describe your style to us?
Our style combines organic and electronic sounds within music’s analog and virtual realms. Mainly in the 120-124bpm range, minor scales, tight drums, synth arpeggios, rolling and reese basses, and beautiful chord progressions.
12. Finally – what’s next for 2023?
As music producers, we have another release with Armada Music for early 2023, and we’re looking forward to signing a couple of tracks with Anjuna and Selected. As DJs, we’re looking forward to a possible live show at Creamfields Chile.