Melodic and Progressive House music’s Finest Alessandro Pierozzi & Chris Berner collab on banger ‘One’
Alessandro Pierozzi are an Italian Music Producer/DJ currently based in Chile. His project is a musical collage of various influences over the years, blending organic and electronic sounds within the analog and virtual realms of music.
Chris Berner is a one-of-a-kind artist driven by his intrinsic motivation to explore the unknown. The American/Chilean artist is currently based in Jacksonville, FL.
Both producers have been collaborating for some time, focusing on Melodic and Progressive House tracks. We grabbed the guys together for a quick chat.
1. To kick things off who are Alessandro Pierozzi & Chris Berner in Three Words only? Adventurous, Diligent, and Dedicated.
2. What top 5 tracks would we find on your Spotify or iTunes playlist?
RÜFÜS DU SOL – Innerbloom
Monolink – Return to Oz (ARTBAT Remix)
CamelPhat, Jem Cooke, Cristoph – Breathe
Solomon Grey – Miradors (Lane 8 Remix)
Hot Since 82, Jem Cooke – Buggin’
3. We love your track ‘One’ tell us a bit about that track? Inspired by the Melodic House & Techno genre, the goal was to create a song that could take the listener on a journey of introspection. The instrumental came together smoothly through diligent sound design, creative mixing, addictive arrangement, and catchy melodies. The result aligned with the initial objective; the music was mysterious, energetic, and inspiring. A key element was missing for the song to be finished; it needed a singer. We reached out to Sam Welch through a common friend, and Sam put together a top line that was a perfect match for the track; a strong vocal that guides the listener throughout the song. We decided to name it “One”, inspired by the journey of self-discovery.
4. Who are your musical inspirations?
RÜFÜS DU SOL
5. What embarrassing songs might we find on your Spotify?
Cher – Believe
The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber – STAY
6. Where would you most like to perform?
7. If you weren’t DJ’ing, what would you be doing?
Alessandro would be a Chef
Chris would be a Photographer.
8. If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?
Chris: Progressive Rock
9. What genre of music can’t you stand to listen to?
10. What hidden talents do you have?
11. Describe your style to us? Our style combines organic and electronic sounds within music’s analog and virtual realms. Mainly in the 120-124bpm range, minor scales, tight drums, synth arpeggios, rolling and reese basses, and beautiful chord progressions.
12. Finally – what’s next for 2023? As music producers, we have another release with Armada Music for early 2023, and we’re looking forward to signing a couple of tracks with Anjuna and Selected. As DJs, we’re looking forward to a possible live show at Creamfields Chile.